Another 2 in 1 post, as like with Thanksgiving, last year's Christmas did not make it onto the blog. :) This is becoming a trend... It's kind of fun though to see how the kids have grown and changed, what traditions we've kept and what new ones (if any) we've added...
Christmas 2012
One tradition we've had for a few years and have kept is Alexandra and Andrei buying one gift for each other. Here they are opening them - Alexandra got a horse, Andrei a dinosaur. :)
They also get some gifts that are for sharing, which they open together and it's so fun to watch! :)
Alexandra got a couple of special presents - a Judogi (the formal name for the traditional judo "uniform"; yeah, I've done my homework ;) ), complete with a red belt, as she has really gotten into judo this last school term and has advanced from the white to the red belt; and a book about being baptized and confirmed - because guess who'll be turning 8 next July?!? :)
Andrei also found a special gift hidden behind the dining room door - a "move 'n groove" scooter! I guess Santa didn't have enough room under the tree, or... he must have run out of wrapping paper (?) Hmmm... ;)
Gifts also arrived from far away, from our dear friends Linda and Stuart, who recently moved back to New Zealand after living for a few years in England. :( We miss them tons!
And... the traditional Christmas feast (I know it doesn't seem like much, but two days later we still have a LOT of left overs! - especially turkey; we're only four little people :) )
***
Moving on (or back?) to Christmas 2011:
Christmas fell on a Sunday, so the kids only opened a couple of presents before we went to church, then continued with the rest when we got back.
Here they are opening the ones they got for each other (tradition, remember?). And, surprise!!! - Alexandra got a horse, Andrei a dinosaur! :) Ha!
All dressed up after church. What could be in those fancy boxes?
A couple of "real" Harry Potter and Hermione wands! :)
Something to share
I don't usually post pictures of myself opening gifts (pajamas, messy hair...), but I found a few ones that even I thought were worth sharing (and it was after church, so hair done, makeup on and no pajamas ;) ). A workout ball! And a new laptop?! I was thrilled, as my old one had broken and Ben's was starting to die... Writing on it right now! ;)
Chillin' after dinner and lots of play. These two are best buddies and I love it!
Mission accomplished! :)










3 comments:
Ma bucur ca si voi ati avut un Craciun minunat! Copiii tai sunt tare frumosi si scumpi, Stanca! Te pup!
I love your surprised face! Looks like two wonderful Christmases :)
Beautiful Christmas past and present!! Asa de frumosi si talentati cu totii! Va pupam si va uram un An Nou minunat!! xoxoxo
Post a Comment