Thanksgiving 2011:
We celebrated at our house with another American family (very good friends from church) and the Missionaries! Delicious food and great company!
John, carving the turkey, under Dakin's watchful eye! ;)
We had to sit at three different tables in order to accommodate everyone ! - one for us, one for the big kids (and my mom :) )
and one for the little kids. :)
I couldn't resist posting this picture! How adorable and cute is this little boy!? That face and those eyes melt my heart! And he's such a mamma's boy! Lucky me! :)
Thanksgiving 2012:
At the beginning of November, in preparation for Thanksgiving, we started a new family tradition - a thankful tree. At first it was bare,
Things the kids were grateful for -
Alexandra: mummy and daddy (yep, the British spelling of mummy/mommy :) ), school, the earth, food, Lali (my mom's nickname).
Andrei: toys, flowers, drinks, Church, the whole world, mom and dad, computers, beds, my family, space, chairs. :)
It was a really great way to help us remember and consciously think about the things (even the little ones, or maybe especially those) we are thankful for.
***
Look what I found in the UK!!! In an American store, called... "The American shop". :) It was the last one on the shelf and it cost me an arm and a leg (£2.95 ~ $4.70!!), but it was all worth it, to make the celebration more special and authentic.This year we celebrated with two other American families - the ones from last year, and another one, at the latter's house. I was assigned a sweet potato casserole and a couple of other simple things. I had never made sweet potato casserole, but I'm happy to report that everybody loved it and it was one of the easiest things I've ever made. Here it is, ready to go in the oven:
and... DONE!
(Alexandra was sick that day, but luckily my mom was visiting us and very kindly stayed home with the sick girlie. )
Happy Thanksgiving! Give thanks in all things and every day!
















1 comment:
Frumoase poze si traditii! Va pupam si va dorim un Craciun fericit!
Post a Comment