We took the kids to the local race course for a massive bonfire and fireworks celebrating Guy Fawkes Night or Bonfire Night (last November). Guy lived about 400 years ago and was caught hoarding lots of bombs to blow up Parliament and the King. This is the big annual national celebration, kinda like Independence Day in the US. You can't tell from the pictures but the bonfire was massive. The biggest fire I've seen since my brothers and I accidentally burnt a couple acres of our neighbors property. Oops.
The kids don't like loud noises (although they don't mind making them) so they don't look thrilled. They liked the glow-in-the-dark thingys though. And I had a good time. Fire is still cool even when you've grown up :)



7 comments:
Yeah, it was fun (although a bit cold!). The fireworks were great! Thanks for posting Benny! ;-)
You guys are cute! Bonfire, that sounds fun!
That looks like lots of fun!!!
Ce frumos! Distractie nu gluma.
Stanco, MA! I saw a link to what I thought was your blog on Ioana Clayton's blog and was pleasantly surprised when I clicked over and it was you! What a lovely family you have. (Hi Ben, by the way). Hope all is well. Te pup, Emily (Hart) Cummings
http://jeremyandemilycummings.blogspot.com/
Vai ce mare a fost!Super fun. Mi-e imi place tare mult cum miroase lemnul ars:)
Nu e Guy Fawkes day pe 5 Noiembrie? Oricum, se pare ca a fost o petrecere super desi a fost multa galagie.
Post a Comment