Ben says...
I drove for the first time in England yesterday. It took me about two seconds before driving on the wrong side of the road (in the middle of nowhere, luckily) and it might take the rest of my life to unlearn my US driving insticts.
I read a wikipedia article about left- and right-hand traffic and was surprised to find out how many countries drive on the left besides the UK. And a lot of others used to drive on the left but switched fairly recently (since WW2).
We're looking for a car right now. Considering something like a Fiat Punto. In fact, I might go look at one later today. Then I'll just have to learn to drive the thing...
[UPDATE]
No go on the Punto and we also gave the thumbs down to a Citroën Berlingo but we plan on looking at a Vauxhall Corsa this weekend. Fingers crossed.
And if you haven't heard of Vauxhall... it's the UK equivalent of Chevrolet in the Americas and Opel in the rest of Europe and all three are part of General Motors.
2 comments:
Chiar ma intrebam cum e sa conduci pe partea cealalta! Succes!:)
Sound fun! I'm glad you guys are settling in & can't wait to see what car you end up getting.
Love you all.
Heather
Post a Comment