Family

Family

Friday, April 10, 2009

Sibiu - Weekend number 2

We spent last weekend with my cousin and his family in Sibiu. Weekend number 1 was back in August. If anyone is interested in reading about it/seeing pictures (Livia and Ligia perhaps (?) :-), go to older posts. This time we took Andrei too and he behaved really well on the 4 hr. bus ride. No comment is necessary for Alex's behavior, she is always an angel. I can't believe how mature she's acting, we can practically take her anywhere; and she's not even 4 yet! We got to Sibiu on Friday evening and Andrei was so excited, it was almost as if he was saying "yeah, they took me with them this time!". The kids had an instant connection (again) and Andrei kept calling Petra - his cousin - "Peta" (he can't pronounce the R yet). Petra's older brother's name is also Andrei. :-)

The kids started off Saturday morning by watching a video, while Roxana was making breakfast

We had a delicious meal


after which we went to the Zoo, where the kids enjoyed watching the animals


and picking flowers. :-)



After the Zoo we went home and while Andrei was taking a nap the girls got to hang out on the balcony. How cute is this?


On Saturday evening we went for a stroll in the downtown area, which is always a treat!







After all this walking around Andrei started to get tired and wouldn't walk anymore, so the only two alternatives were mom's arms (I've gotten fairly strong from carrying him around, but he is also getting fairly heavy) or Dan's shoulders - which neither one of them minded. So Dan's shoulders it was, because Andrei wouldn't let anyone else carry him and I needed a break. :-)


Alexandra and Petra were so cute and funny walking around and talking on their play cell phones.

I overheard two of their conversations:
Petra: "Te-am sunat și n-ai fost acasă" ("I called you and you weren't home"). Alexandra: "Am fost în casă și am plecat. Am plecat la Carrefour" ("I was home and I left. I went to Carrefour" ). :-) (Carrefour is the largest European retailer and the second one in the world after Wal-Mart -> according to Wikipedia)
The second conversation:
Petra: "Eu sunt în centru. Tu unde ești?" ("I'm in downtown. Where are you at?") Alexandra: "Ammm...în Anglia" ("Ummm...In England") :-)))
Ha, ha, kids are so much fun!


And here's a cute (I think) family picture. I love Alex's face! :-)


On Sunday morning we went to church and got to see some old friends. In the picture below is the branch president Lucian Cârpenean with his wife and step-daughter. Ben and I have known Lucian for over 10 years, from the time he served a full-time mission for the Church. He is a funny guy, a great leader, and now a fine family man! We like him a lot and it was a pleasure to see him after all this time!


Our trip ended on Sunday afternoon when we headed back home to Cluj. What a fun time! Thanks Roxi, Dan and kids!!

2 comments:

Livia said...

Vai ce dor mi-ai facut de Sibiu!!!! Pentru mine nu exista un oras mai frumos ca Sibiul. Nici aicea in USA si nici in alte tari pe care le-am vizitat.
Ce mari sunt copii tai si frumosi- timpul trece prea repede! O sa ai mai multi copii?

Ioana said...

Cat de frumos! Ma bucur tare mult sa-l vad pe Lucian in poze! Nu-mi vine sa cred ca au trecut atatia ani...:)