I finally got my UK work permit and I wanted to record this for "posterity", by copying the message I got from my HR contact at the Warwick hospital. This message had been long awaited for and it brought us all excitement and relief on the evening of Monday, February 16th, 2009, when I opened my email and read:
"Hi Stanca
Hope you are well. Apologies for not being in touch sooner but I have had nothing to report.
However, today I am please to tell you that I have received your work permit for the Audiologist post here at Warwick - which is great news. All that you need to do now is apply for the accession worker card that goes with that to enable you to work in the UK.
Shall I send you a copy of the work permit to your address in Romania?
Let me know if there are any problems with applying for the accession worker card and I look forward to you letting me know when you have received this to arrange a start date.
Kind regards
Carly
Carly March
HR Adviser, Resourcing"
Since then I have applied for the "accession worker card" (a special permit needed by Bulgarians and Romanians - the latest to have joined the EU in 2007; it is needed only in the UK and can be applied for only after the employer applies and obtains the work permit) and now there is another period of waiting. But hey, things are progressing in the right direction, so...Hurray!
1 comment:
Ma bucur mult pentru tine! Se pare ca daca nu te vizitez pentru cateva zile pierd multe posturi noi. Trei noi cred ca am osevat de saptamana trecuta. Si pozele sunt toate foarte frumoase. Mi-e dor de Romania!
Post a Comment