Family

Family

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween 2012 + 2011


Hello blog, sorry I've neglected you yet again for so long. I don't know about others, but for me it's especially difficult to get back into posting after a long break. Hard to know where to start when there's so much stuff I still need to write about... So here we go with Halloween (coupled with last year's Halloween, which I hadn't posted about at the time! Gasp!) :)

This year Alexandra chose to be a "Tudor period" boy. :) She had been learning about the Tudors at school and had to wear a costume on a trip they took to Sulgrave Manor. She decided that was what she wanted to wear on Halloween too. :)


Andrei was happy to be a pirate, mostly because that was the stuff we had on hand (glad he's so easy going!). :)


With our sweet little friend Bella, as Rapunzel. :)
 Photo: Rapunzel and pirate Andrei http://instagr.am/p/RipuiBn6zC/
Bobbing for apples.

And some trunk-or-treating in the church's parking lot. 

Moving on to... last year. I don't remember who's idea it was, but the kids wanted to be... Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. :) Super easy costumes for us - we used their school uniforms and a couple of capes/robes borrowed from my friend Dakin. A pair of Ben's old, broken glasses (without the lenses) for Andrei and...pencils for their wands (of course!). ;)
(Santa Claus brought them "real" Harry and Hermione wands last year and they kept saying they were going to be H and H again this year; that was until.... a few weeks before Halloween, when they changed their minds :) )


I swear Alexandra's hair was much bigger, wavier, puffier initially, but it got flat in about 5 minutes. :) Doesn't matter, she's still my cutie and a cute Hermione too! ;)

I couldn't decide on just a few pictures, so here, enjoy a whole bunch of them. ;)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

7 comments:

Cristina Karekar said...

Love, love, love your Halloween past and present!!! The children are beautiful in and out of their costumes! And I'm so glad you made it back to the blogosphere, my dear!! Now, if you were in some of the pictures, I'd be even more glad!! :)) xoxoxo

Livia said...

mobteoThey are so cute! And the party looks like a blast:)

Livia said...

Sorry, the letters from the verification got in there too:)

Maddy S said...

Salut. Sunt adorabili copiii tai. Nici eu nu mai am chef de blog. Chiar ca e greu sa te apuci din nou. Nu stiu cand sa gasesc timp sa atasez poze, sa scriu cand sutn asa obosita seara. Candva o sa ma apuc din nou probabil. Ma bucur sa citesc noutati despre voi. Te pup.

gebby said...

Such cute photo's from last year too!! I said 'AH' at them all! :)

Ioana said...

Super scumpi copiii!!! Ma bucur mult ca ai "postat" din nou! Pupici!

Dahlee J said...

Frumoase costumele si de anul trecut si de anul asta. Acum m-am gandit ca trebuie sa pun si eu poze de Halloween :) Ma bucur ca sunteti bine si sanatosi