Family

Family

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Olympic torch passes through Warwick!

The Olympic games are under way as we speak! And so close to us - some of the events are happening a mere 10 miles away. Most of them in London though, but even that is not too far. Yet, we don't have tickets to any of them, but are just as happy to watch them live on TV. :)

And on this note I thought I'd post some pictures from when we watched the Olympic torch passing through our town (July 1st). A one in a life time event for some! For Ben and I this happened twice, as we were living in Provo, UT when the Winter Olympics were held in Salt Lake City in 2002! :) I'd have to dig some pictures out of a box, as that happened way before the era of digital cameras. ;)

Until then, enjoy these ones.

The kids waiting patiently (and bored?) :)




 



 Some of the sponsors




And... oh, no, he whizzed by so quickly I only got half of him (the one in the white shirt on the left side of the pic). :))


...and his back. :)

***
Yesterday, Romanian gymnast Sandra Raluca Izbasa won the gold medal in the women's vault. I was ecstatic and so proud! And got so emotional. When the announcer said "please stand for Romania's national anthem"... I cried like a child. I guess you never forget your roots...

No comments: